Friday 20 September 2013

Sob-phobia (A nightmare) Part II


I am unable to recall exact details of her physical appearance, even if I want to do so at this hour of night. The only thing I am able to recollect about how she looked like is her dark complexion and negroid features. However, I can definitely say that it was she who came here just a few minutes ago.

Fully exhausted out of my 16hrs hectic work routine, I fell asleep as soon as I fell on my bed. It was rightly then she entered the room barefooted, sobbing slightly and without making noise. Her sniffling made me awake. I was astonished by her presence just by my bedside. She was holding her right hand’s index finger in her left hand. She had a cut on her finger which was bleeding. I rushed toward her. I couldn’t think of any better option to give her instant relief rather I put her finger in my mouth and softly cleansed it with my tongue. The blood was stopped. I was sitting still on my bed with my left leg hanging and right one curled on bed. I was holding her hand and she was bent forward over her knees. I examined the cut and later her appearance. She was bright and dull same time. She was continuously crying. “Now what’s the issue?” I stared her without saying anything verbally. I could see her eyes full of tears. “Marry me”, she lowered her gaze as she spoke and tears dropped on our hands. "You are totally sick", I pushed her hand away hardly, rejecting her proposal. She couldn’t resist this hit, her head touched the floor. She stopped crying at once. Worriedly, I had to stand up to pull her up. When I came closer to her I saw flow of blood coming out of her neck. In no time I fixed my mouth on her neck to wipe away the blood.

For few minutes I continued sucking her blood and then I realized the grip of her hands over my wrist has loosened. I placed my hand under her nose to check if she is breathing, and yes she was breathing. I asked her to leave immediately. I helped her to drag her out of my place and came back into my quilt.

Now, as she has left and there is no mark left anywhere of her visit, I don’t know why I am afraid of her come back. I am fraying my lips against my sleeves repeatedly and unconsciously. I swear I didn’t kill her; she was alive when she left, I am telling myself. I didn’t harm her anyway, it was she who came to me with her injury and I just wanted to assuage her pain. I wonder how can she get access to this place or maybe it was just a nightmare because I skipped my night prayer.


September 13, 2013
Friday 2.30pm
Lahore

No comments:

Post a Comment