Wednesday 10 September 2014

Evening in Shahi Mohalla; the world inside Texali Gate, Lahore

Sometimes a real adventure is pursuing something that was never in your bucket list. Well like everybody I also have a long long list of things I want to do before I die. I think that those things will give me real happiness and peace of mind. I am not sure will I ever go on a world tour or at least to Nanga Parbat. I don't know whether my wish of marrying a rich, loving and noble man approx. 10 years elder than me will ever be accomplished. I don't know if I can ever Hifz the Holy Quran and so on. I always keep on thinking once I ll be able to do x y z things only then I can be happy. But today I have realised that there are moments in ones life that give you so much happiness, internal satisfaction and peace that you fail to remain depressed.
This was totally unexpected, unplanned and initially undesired but with the passage of time it turned into a planned, adventurous, and full of fun evening.

The time spent today in the walled city of Lahore (though it was just a gate) is a real treasure for the rest of my life. In this corner of the city the Sun rises when everywhere else it sets of. Instead of working from 8 am to 4 pm the business hours here are 8 pm to 1 am during week days. and 8 pm to 2 am on weekends.
Old City of Lahore; Architecture restored for commercial purpose

The food street here is a restoration to old architecture and a represents cultural heritage of the area. One forgets the taste of the meal as the typical ambience, the music, the aroma and roof top is itself a big treat. I may go there again and again but it will always remind me of my today's trip. I am not going to miss it. I am going to cherish it.
A view of Badshahi Mosque from an Old building nearby. (Photo by: Swaiba EA)
Swaiba EA
Lahore
Sep 9, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment